SDAS1 – Data Logging Software
SDAS1 software was developed in 2004 for iPAQ Pocket PC. Currently people use it on rugged field hand-held devices like Juniper Systems Archer and Trimble Recon, running Windows Mobile 5.0 software.
SDAS1 records all the incoming through the RS232 port data, but displays only data from the KMAG4 and KANA8 output records. Up to 4 charts can be displayed. Requires just minutes learning time. SDAS1 can be used as magnetic base station also, with KMAG4 and a GPS unit. It is now available for free download. Different SDAS1 screens and explanations are shown below.
- Touch “Start” from the screen below!
- Touch the SDAS1 icon from the Start menu to activate the program!
- Below is the initial SDAS1 screen. Touch “Tools”!
- Below is the “Tools” menu. Three are the available options: Exit the
program, start it and change the settings.
- Below are two “Configuration” screens. No chart is
selected for display on the top one and all charts are selected on the
bottom one. It allows setting the Baud rate, the horizontal scale and up to
4 charts. The number of charts displayed depends on how many of the boxes
Graph 1, Graph 2, Graph 3 and Graph 4 are checked.
- Below is the screen when “Start” was selected from the
“Tools” menu. It becomes black in this case. KMAG wasn’t connected however
and no charts could be seen.
- Below are examples of screens containing 1, 2, 3 and 4 charts.
- Rec: It selects the string identifier. The choice is between $KMAG4 and $KANA8.
- Fld: Selects the field to be displayed. Field n is the value after the n-th comma of the output record.
- Label: It appears above the chart and identifies the signal being displayed. There is a choice between predefined labels, but the user can define its own labels also.
- VScale: The scale 1000 on the example means 0.1nT if a signal from KMAG4 is displayed, because KMAG4 readings are in tenth of picoTesla.
- The screen below shows the message that SDAS1 issues if started without a
memory card inserted.
- If a memory card was inserted, the “Tools” menu enables the option
“Logging” as can be seen from the screen below.
- If the option “Logging” is selected, the charts become green as can be seen
from the screen below. The green color indicates SDAS1 is recording data.
- The program must be stopped before pooling out the memory card. The screen
below shows how the “Tools” menu looks like in this case.
Disclaimer: The following software is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk of using it is with you.
Kroum VS Instruments no longer provides support for this product version.
If you agree with the disclaimer you may download:
- Unzip sdas_1.03.zip to a temporary location;
- Write sdas_1.03.cab to a memory card;
- Insert the memory card into the device;
- Locate the memory card from File Explorer and click on sdas_1.03.cab;
- Follow the instructions on the screen;
- You will probably see a warning like the following, on the screen at the end of the installation: "The program you have installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile software". Ignore the warning by clicking OK.